An introduction to Carbon13 for commercial founders
How to build a Net Zero startup with Carbon13: for founders from a corporate or entrepreneurial background
About this Event
Welcome to Carbon13’s webinar, open to anyone looking to build a startup that can reduce emissions and help the world achieve Net Zero.
Whether you’ve already grown a startup or are new to entrepreneurship, this webinar will introduce you to Net Zero entrepreneurship and to Carbon13’s Venture Builder.
Carbon13’s eight-month Venture Builder programme supports a cohort of 50 founders to form cofounding teams and develop their ideas into a commercially successful venture capable of reducing emissions by millions of tonnes
NB this webinar is tailored to those who come from a commercial background. If you have an engineering, technical, or scientific background, then you’ll find our Technical Founders webinar more helpful.
What you’ll learn
- How the Venture Builder works, and what we look for in applicants
- How to use your skills, career and experiences to be a founder; how to play to your strengths and understand what you bring to the table
- How entrepreneurship will play a critical part in delivering the world-changing innovation needed to achieve Net Zero
- Why Carbon13 is placed at the heart of the Cambridge ecosystem, the UK’s hotspot for climate entrepreneurship and deep tech ventures
We’ll also cover how Carbon13’s Venture Builder will:
Support you to find a technical cofounder from the cohort of 50 founders, including how to ask the difficult questions
Help you understand how to find the high-impact high-potential ideas, and avoid the incremental, slow or dead-end ideas
Help you to build your network in the Net Zero and sustainable entrepreneurship world
Start you on an intensive journey of learning, around the challenges of Net Zero and sustainability and the best practices in entrepreneurship
Invest in the qualifying ventures built by founders on the programme
Who’s eligible for Carbon13’s Venture Builder:
There is only one requirement to apply for Carbon13: the absolute commitment to reducing emissions through a scalable venture.
If you want to play your part in saving the climate and spend your time on making a meaningful impact, then you should apply to Carbon13.
When you join Carbon13 you join a cohort of 50 founders who are all as dedicated to reducing emissions as you are. Each person has proven to us that they have the potential to build a high growth startup, and collectively they form a cohort with diversity at its core. This means a cohort which reflects the diversity of our society, and which also draws on every corner of the economy. The challenges of Net Zero are so complex, that people from every industry and sector are needed to come together to find those world-changing ideas.
Hear from our founders
“I wanted to join Carbon13 to create a climate change focused startup, to have an impact on my life and on others and to challenge our generation to be better than our actions and to treasure our finite resources.” – Ahrum Pak – Venture Catalyst Founder
“I’d like to build a business that proves that having sustainable goals at your heart can make you more economically successful.” – Vanessa Macdougall – Commercial Founder
Send to a friend
Please send our webinars and venture builder to anyone and everyone strongly motivated by the climate emergency, who believes as we do in the potential for entrepreneurship to be one of the vectors for change that our planet needs.
To fight the climate emergency, we need our best minds working on innovative solutions and we intend to support them every way we can. In particular, we support talented people such as:
- Engineers, scientists or developers, with expertise which they want to use to create a venture because entrepreneurship is their chosen way to quickly make a significant impact and work on the biggest challenges in Net Zero.
- Entrepreneurs looking for their next big challenge ideally in the climate change space. They are most probably in a search of the right idea and value proposition, and want to meet a co-founder with deep expertise in technology or the climate space.
- Other experienced folks with relevant industry expertise and networks (e.g. in energy, transport, agriculture, food, buildings, manufacturing) or startup expertise (sales, product management, design).
Carbon13 is the venture builder for the climate emergency.
We are selecting and supporting 1000 entrepreneurs over 5 years who will build scalable ventures with the potential to reduce carbon emissions by over 400 million tons per annum.
We strongly believe that startup innovation is necessary to save the planet. Everyone who has the talent to make a difference to the climate emergency should be channelling that talent into the one great effort that humanity most needs.
Without entrepreneurs, we won’t get enough innovation to solve this problem and we won’t get it fast enough. This is what drives everyone at Carbon13, and has led us to create the venture builder to support entrepreneurs to achieve the high growth ventures that can make a meaningful impact on carbon emissions.