How female founders build climate startups with Carbon13
Idea. Investment. Impact. Discover how Carbon13 supports female founders to build climate startups reducing carbon emissions by millions of tonnes.
Tuesday 15th February 2022 – 13:00-14:00 pm GMT
About this Event
Welcome to Carbon13’s webinar for female leaders who are passionate about climate innovation and want to build a startup to reduce carbon emissions.
Our host and co-founder Dr. Nicky Dee will introduce you to the vital impact that can only be achieved with properly funded and supported female founders. She will illustrate how Carbon13’s Venture Builder does this for our founders, and cover the biggest opportunities for decarbonisation and carbon capture.
We’ll also by joined by a panel of female founders from our previous cohorts, who will share their experiences and motivations around their climate entrepreneurship journey.
- Abi Aspen Glencross: Cellular Agriculturalist and Cofounder of foodloop
- Liv Andersson: Sustainability and Building Physics Engineer and Cofounder of Biozeroc
- Natalia Dorfman: Business Development & Strategy Specialist and Cofounder of Kita
What you’ll learn
- Meet complementary cofounders and build a ‘dream team” with the expertise, credibility, network and commitment to take an idea to market.
- Make an impact and reduce 10 million tonnes of carbon emissions.
- Get past the prototype and transition technical ideas into a commercial success
- De-risk the startup building process. The planet doesn’t have time for false starts.
- Expand your network on Cleantech, Net Zero and sustainable entrepreneurship.
The climate emergency is the most urgent issue our society faces now. Without female entrepreneurs, we won’t get enough innovation to solve this problem and we won’t get it done fast enough. This is what drives everyone at Carbon13, and has led us to create the venture builder to support entrepreneurs to achieve the high growth ventures that can make a meaningful impact on carbon emissions.
Send to a friend
Please send our webinars and venture builder to anyone and everyone strongly motivated by the climate emergency, who believes as we do in the potential for entrepreneurship to be one of the vectors for change that our planet needs.
To fight the climate emergency, we need our best minds working on innovative solutions and we intend to support them every way we can. In particular, we support talented people such as:
- Engineers, scientists or developers, with expertise which they want to use to create a venture because entrepreneurship is their chosen way to quickly make a significant impact and work on the biggest challenges in Net Zero.
- Entrepreneurs looking for their next big challenge ideally in the climate change space. They are most probably in a search of the right idea and value proposition, and want to meet a co-founder with deep expertise in technology or the climate space.
- Other experienced folks with relevant industry expertise and networks (e.g. in energy, transport, agriculture, food, buildings, manufacturing) or startup expertise (sales, product management, design).
Hear from our founders
“It would have taken me years to meet 50 exceptionally talented and passionate founders who are determined to solve the climate crisis and Carbon13 did it in just a few weeks” Sarah Montgomery – Venture Catalyst Founder
“I’d like to build a business that proves that having sustainable goals at your heart can make you more economically successful.” Vanessa Macdougall – Commercial Founder