Venture Builder Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Carbon13 wishes to provide a respectful, empowering, fun and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, group, age or religion. We will not tolerate harassment in any form.
Behaviour contravening this policy include, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that make people feel uncomfortable related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion;
- Written communication including emails, teams messages, whatsapp messages, zoom chat and all other forms of social media and digital communication channels, that may offend or upset the intended recipient.
- Disrespectful rather than constructive engagement with external contributors, team members, participants
- Sexual images in public spaces (e.g. sexualised images on slideshows or desktop backgrounds);
- Sustained disruption of webinars, or other online events;
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
Harassment does not need to be recognised as unwanted or unwelcome by anyone other than the person being harassed.
Be careful in the words that you choose and the way, and format of your delivery. Remember that sexist, racist and other exclusionary jokes and comments can be offensive to those around you. Offensive jokes are not appropriate and will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Delivering difficult messages relating to work performance are best delivered in person or by phone, not by written communication.
Anyone asked to stop any harassing behaviour is expected to comply immediately. If a participant in our programme or any of the team members or contributors engages in harassing behaviour, we will take any actions to keep Carbon13 a welcoming environment for everyone. Any participant, team member or contributor who violates these these rules will be removed from the programme.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it to a senior member of the Carbon13 team as soon as possible. There is no issue too small to report. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of Carbon13 for everyone. We want you to be happy here. We will fully investigate all reports and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.